Layout is a key part of a style guide and so I felt it was important to explore what the layout could be for Hurry Hurry Heal Me.
With geometry and patterns being a prominent aesthetic within the game, I used this to inform what layouts may be suitable in inn-keeping with the Moroccan theme.
- Geometric shape – Diamond – 4 corners – Relates to 4 characters in the game – Good brand as it reflects the aesthetic of the game.
- I think creating a diamond made up of 4 diamonds would look effective, as each character could be placed in a diamond shapes and around in a diamond to. Strengthening the geometric aspect of the aesthetic and the 4 player element. – Also I think this would mill help to create a more team mate feel to the brand which is in the game – Players need to work together – The smaller diamonds are laid out to form a bigger diamond – All the smaller diamonds are needed – All the players in the team are needed
- I do like having the screen layout split into 4 – However I think this would only work if the screen/ page is square – As anything other than this would create uneven sections, which I think would suggest that in the 4 player game some players have more importance or their are 2 different teams. Whereas I want to suggest and equality in the game, as all players have the same role and abilities, therefore it is very much a team unity.
What Will I Take Forward?
- Diamond – I think the diamond should be key to the visual identity of Hurry Hurry Heal Me, due to it being a shape that is prominent within the Moroccan patterns that I have researched into. Therefore it reflects the aesthetic of the game, which means that the brand will correctly represent the game, creating a coherent identity throughout.
- In terms of layout I think using some sort of diamond would also
- However I think more thought and experimentation needs to be done, as I have no clear decision on how to best use a diamond within a layout that will suit the imagery and information of the game. Therefore, through exploring a range of possiblilities I feel will help me come to a conclusion has the specific brand layout. In the future once I have more marketing style imagery, I will experiment with layout and form a set of rules for that.
Possible Content Font ?
Exploration of possible in game font.
- Not Arabic – Too curvy – Needs straighter lines – The italic style angle of the font isn’t particularity Arabic, as I didn’t see it within my previous type research. – Not suitable
- Difficult to read in-game – It needs to be as clear as possible – Don’t use serif – Use sans serif for screens – Easier to read at lower resolution.
Typography Sizing Guides
Researching into size guides for the typography within the game and brand.
What Will I Take Forward
- Use golden ratio size guide – I feel it creates an aesthetically pleasing variations in size, due to the geometry the ratio is based off of. Therefore I think people should find the text more appealing to read, making it more likely that people will. Helping to build a large audience around the game, as people learn about the concept of it.
- Create an initial style guide for Hurry Hurry Heal Me that will summarise all the research and decisions I have made around the brand of the game. However this is only an first draft of the style guide and should be iterated and refined later on once more imagery is created.